Record revenue, new account growth and strong customer renewals driven by enhanced capabilities.
WALTHAM, MASS., FEBRUARY 1, 2005 -- Gomez®, Inc. the Internet Performance Management Company, today announced record revenues for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31.
Total revenue rose 51% in the fourth quarter compared with the same period last year and increased 18% from the third quarter of 2004, representing the company's thirteenth consecutive quarter of double digit growth. Revenue increased 45% year over year.
The company attributes its strong quarter and year to a record number of new accounts, 93% customer retention rate, and strong contract enrichments from renewing customers. New business contracts contributed to 40% of overall Q4 bookings and 44% for the year.
Leading companies rely on the Gomez Performance Network (GPN) and the company’s structured services to maximize the performance and efficiency of their critical Internet-enabled applications. By working with companies to identify performance objectives and then helping them to develop a plan to achieve these objectives, Gomez enables companies to quickly achieve revenue and operational efficiencies that continue to improve over time.
Gomez also announced a record number of new customer contracts in the fourth quarter, including agreements with leading companies such as Yahoo! (YHOO), Audi AG (NSUG.F), MSN (MSFT), Century 21 Real Estate (CD) and GSI Commerce (GSIC). Gomez enterprise solutions are designed for the largest and most sophisticated organizations that require services that scale with their business, provide maximum flexibility to monitor critical customer-facing applications and offer robust technical capabilities.
“We are very happy with our results for both the quarter and the year” commented Gomez Chief Operating Officer Bruce Reading. “In 2004, we re-structured our products, expanded our services and enhanced our capabilities to better understand and support our customers’ objectives and many companies have recognized our strategic, unique value and are enlisting our help. Our enterprise wins in the fourth quarter were hard fought and serve to validate our strategy”.
Key 2004 highlights include:
- Gomez introduced its patent pending Last Mile™ testing capabilities, which allow companies to monitor their applications from a demographic reflective of the actual geographies and Internet connection types of their customer base. This allows the Gomez customers to develop a more meaningful understanding of application performance;
- Recognizing the strategic and tactical performance requirements shared by all companies, Gomez enhanced its products and services to provide unique capabilities;
- Findings from the Gomez Holiday E-Tail Performance Index were covered by prestigious media outlets such as the CBS Evening News, The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNNMoney.com and Reuters;
- Gomez opened a wholly-owned subsidiary, Gomez Deutschland GmbH, Hamburg Germany; and
- Significant service upgrades that enhance the GPN’s ability to provide actionable insights and application awareness.
Gomez is the leading supplier of enterprise solutions that help companies achieve and maintain the peak performance of their mission-critical Internet applications. Using Gomez products and services, enterprises reach performance excellence and meet or surpass their business goals. Founded in 1997, Gomez provides performance measurement, benchmarking and competitive insight to Global 1000 companies across all industry segments, including financial services, e-commerce, information technology and travel.
Gomez competes in the Internet Performance Management and e-business solutions space with companies that include Mercury Interactive Corp (MERQ) and Keynote Systems, Inc. (KEYN).
Gomez is Network Computing magazine's "Editor's Choice" for best Internet performance monitoring service.
Gomez, Gomez.com, Gomez Performance Network are trademarks and/or service marks of Gomez, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information contact Terry Meehan at email@example.com or 781-768-2100.
Back to Portfolio News